Set the Bar High: How to Achieve Your Goals, No Matter What



Have you ever entered into an agreement where you initially thought, "This might be too hard for me?" From here you have two choices:

1. Don't agree to it. You can make yourself right and agree you are not up for the task.

2. Give it your all, stretch, then see what happens. This is the "go for the win"!

If you choose the first option, not to agree, then you will never know if you could do it, and maybe because you feared failure, you opted out, which by the way is known as failure too. Isn't it? So just to be clear, the thing you are worried about, fear, just happened. 

If you choose the second option, go for it, fully committed, you are now open to being teachable, learning something new about yourself, new skill sets, and new success every step of the way. Wow, that's like 100 wins, or winning a big race. It's kind of exciting just thinking about it. Isn't it?

When you are fully committed, when you set the bar high that's where greatness lives. The key is 'fully committed" no half-in half-out, all-in.

As Maya Angelou said, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."

Setting high goals for yourself can be scary, but it's important to remember nothing really bad will happen if it doesn't work out, and that you are capable of great things, so why wouldn't it work out? You can do anything you set your mind to. Is there really anything outside of your thoughts stopping you?

Here are a few tips for setting high goals and achieving them:

  • Make sure your goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
  • Break down your goals into smaller steps.
  • Create a plan for how you're going to achieve your goals.
  • Celebrate your successes along the way.

If you fail, so what? Life is full of failure right from the beginning. Do you ever wonder when it was, you got so paralyzed by fear? Failure is a part of life. It's how we learn and grow. The important thing is to learn from your failures and keep moving forward.

Here's my story as an example:

I set a goal of writing a book to help women entrepreneurs who want to scale up their business. I set a time frame of 6 weeks. It was a challenging goal, but I was determined to achieve it. I gave myself some leeway, 10 chapters were to be completed by the due date. However, if the due date came and I was not finished, I would stop and publish what I completed.

Keeping in mind my overall goal was to have a book with helpful business strategies to scale up an entrepreneurial business by the Women's Entrepreneur Summit, on November 16th to set the stage for the soft launch of She Means Business: Breaking Through and Scaling Up and the new program Level Up Women Entrepreneur Residency for Women.

I broke down my goal into smaller steps:

  • Write 10 pages per day
  • Edit my work each day
  • Submit my manuscript to the printer at the end of the 6 weeks

I also created a schedule and stuck to it as much as possible. I got up each day at 4:30 a.m. and started planning, organizing, and creating each chapter, I found a writing space, which was my couch before everyone else got up from their sleep, where I could focus and be productive. I could not spend every day on the book, as that was not the only task at hand, however 3 - 4 days a week I did focus on the book.

At times, it took a lot of work to stay motivated. But I kept reminding myself why I was doing this. I wanted to help women entrepreneurs achieve their goals. As I moved along on my timeline I upped the ante, so to speak, encouraging myself along the way, and pushing myself to do more than I ever dreamed I could. Then, I told myself how unbelievably amazing the whole process was.

And after 6 weeks, I did it! I finished my book! It was an incredible feeling.

So whatever goals you set for yourself in 2023, and however it's gone so far, maybe not as good as you had hoped. Maybe you did not give your goal the 100% commitment they deserved. Maybe you were a little bit or a lot afraid so you held back. You know what? That's OK. The year is not over, you still have time, to knuckle down and get those goals accomplished.

If you're thinking about setting a high goal for yourself, I encourage you to go for it. It's not easy, but it's worth it. I literally feel like I am at the summit of a beautiful mountain range, and be the way the view is great from the top of those goals just like they said it would be.

Step into your superpowers, you got this!

Stay Healthy. Stay Connected. Stay You.



Women's Mentoring Program Pre-application interviews sign up here: https://shout.com/s/hVSI1PHg
Signup for Pajama Party Interviews: www.womenentrepreneurinterviews.com 

Find us on Youtube www.womenentrepreneurtv.us 
See us on Instagram www.instagram.com/cindycohenrn

#WomenEntrepreneurs #PodcastGuest #BusinessSuccess #C2YHWI #womenmoveforward #mentoringwomenworks #bridgethegapforwomen #womenpreneurcollective #wesummitsb #cindycohen #cindycohenrn  #motivationmonday #mondaymotivation #women #inspiration #empowerment 


Comments

Popular Posts