Turning Domestic Violence Survivors Into Entrepreneurs - International Women's Day March 8th

 


C2 Your Health Women's Initiative Inc. is joining in honoring International Women' Day with this fundraiser your contribution will make an impact through our scholarship program, whether you donate $5 or $500. Every little bit helps. Thank you for your supporting our Facebook Fundraiser honoring International Women's Day, March 8th, 2022.

Financial insecurity helps women stay trapped in the cycle of domestic violence C2 Your Health Women’s Initiative Inc., a South Bend, IN non-profit wants to break the cycle through entrepreneurship.

As I am sure you are aware, instances of domestic violence have been on the rise since the response to the COVID-19 pandemic began. Employment and household financial stress, stay- at-home orders, familial isolation, quarantine, and other factors have contributed to this increase in communities across the country – South Bend, Indiana is no different.

What is different in South Bend is that C2 Your Health Women’s Initiative Inc. in partnership with H.O.T. Hear OurTears and The Pokagon Fund has made available a unique and innovative solution to address this problem, Women Move Forward Initiative. This initiative has many benefits for the victims of domestic violence and the community. It is giving victims of domestic violence the entrepreneurial skills and confidence that they need to become financially independent from their abuser and lead a life of economic self-sufficiency and physical safety.

The Women Move Forward Initiative connects domestic violence victims to a support system when needs related to domestic violence survival and entrepreneurialism arise. This is done through Women Move Forward Entrepreneur Mentoring Community online platform that can be accessed discreetly. Another advantage to this approach is that it will reduce survivors’ dependency on domestic violence shelters and other human service agencies. The fruits of this project have a lasting impact well beyond the current crisis and will serve as a model that can be replicated and built upon in many other communities throughout the nation. 

Cindy Cohen, Founder of C2 Your Health Women's Initiative Inc.is a South Bend, IN based nonprofit formed in  2018 formed to give women in domestic violence environments and survivors from low-income neighborhoods the opportunity, tools and support to start their own business and has created an platform with 24/7 access to connect to mentoring, resources and confidence building activities.  

Learn about the Women Move Forward Initiative www.womenmoveforward.com Learn about the Women Move Forward Mentoring Community platform and the Women Entrepreneur Excellence Course and Certification www.womenmoveforward.info 

Here's what the women are saying: 

"I entered into Cindy’s mentoring program a year ago thinking I could work on my business. Turns out, as my depression worsened at the beginning of the year, my business almost went under. In fact, I would have given up if it weren’t for Cindy. Through my lows, she checked in on me- not nagging me, just gently reminding me she was here for me when I was ready to start working on my business. About 5 months into the program (sad to say it took me that long), I decided to try to make it profitable. I reached back out to her. Even though I had committed to her program 5 months prior and hadn’t done anything, she never judged me. She just got excited with me and helped me where I was at. My business has grown tremendously. She led me down a path of networking with community leaders, and I can honestly tell you I wouldn’t be in business if not for her. Highly recommend is not enough. She can, and will, truly help you!" - Tiffany

"A true blessing to have a awesome mentor thank you Cindy . Pushing and sometimes pulling me and my business to the next level. When someone believes in you and then takes more of their time and skills to connect you to move forward, that’s golden!!! So if your truly ready and willing to move to the next step into your business, Cindy knows business education etiquettes . Cheering 📣 all the hard work and dedication for so many years in our community. She has inspired me to keep moving forward. Strategizing ways to brand your business and own that dream .Plus she has a huge 💜for everyone. P.S Bonus she will give you free information about healthy self care . I Love you C.C. Stay tune because she is a true trail blazer." - Traci

#womenmentoringwomen #C2YHWI #womenentrepreneurs #womenmentoringworks #womenmoveforward #thepokagonfund

Comments

Popular Posts