One Word What is it? Business Goals


Here we are stepping into the year 2021, I almost wish I could just put my big toe in like when you stand at the side of the ocean to see how cold the water is, you know to take it's temperature. Since we can't do that I guess we will all jump in, sink or swim as they say especially when it come's to your business.

I say let's start by jumping right in on social media by joining the trend using the #oneword2021 hashtag. Let's get started now. 

Each year in December I pick a ONE WORD GOAL as the centerpiece of thought and #1 goal setting tool to grow my business. After I settle in on a word, I jot down what that word means for me, what behaviors or actions I plan to employ, and what symbol I will use to remind myself of my one word. I then put the symbol, on paper and post it in a visible location, or save on my computer, screen saver, as a daily remind to myself to connect to my 'tool box' of business strategies renewing my commitment to the #1 tool, my one word.  

In 2020 my one word was BRAVE. To me being BRAVE is listening to my inner voice and then stepping into the fear that almost always shows up, to take back control of my my business. In other words, don't let the scariness of fear stop me for my pursuit. Turns out from the looks of 2020 it was a word that served me well. 

My #ONEWORD2021 is  #UNSTOPPABLE. 

To me this word means: I have a mission, vision, and clarity. I am gutsy, bold, confident, courageous and in my pursuit.

Two ways I will apply this word to my business life includes:

  1. I (am) will be persistent, identifying hurdles hold that hold me back; I will find a way around obstacles to keep moving forward. 
  2. I (am) will be disciplined in developing habits, staying on task, achieving my goals while embracing new developments and innovation. 
What's your 2020 ONE WORD ? 





The following article is from  Choose Your One Word for the Whole Year

One Focus Word = One Goal

One Focus Word helps you set one goal, one focus, one thing to remember.

How do you choose a word? I love words, and I love choosing one word to encapsulate my intentions for the season. So, how do you capture your intentions for the season just in one word?

One Word Questions

Read the question, then look over the word list and see if one of the Focus Words is a good match for you this season in your life.


1.   How do you want to feel this season? 
Look over the word list and see which word(s) fit that feeling you want to have.


2.   What do you want to accomplish this season?
Look over the word list and see which one word or group of words describe what you’d like to accomplish.


3.   How do you want to grow this season? 
Review the word list and see what word(s) best describes how you’d like to grow. 


4.   What is one area you’d like to improve this season? 
Look over the word list and see if a word or group of words capture how you’d like to improve.


5.   What do you want this year to be for you?

Write this out so you envision this year for you.  Now summarize your writing into one word or phrase.

What is Your One Focus Word or Phrase?

Take a few minutes or a few days to think about what you want this year to be. Instead of a New Year’s Resolution, try choosing a One Word Focus or Phrase.


Look over the questions mentioned earlier in this article, they may help you choose a word or phrase to capture what you want for this new year: One Word Questions


This is your year, make it a great year to remember.


It doesn’t have to be anything too hard, it can be a baby step in the right direction you want to go.  Many of my goals have taken years to get there and it’s been so worth it!


Write down one word that is meaningful for you to capture this year. Or at least write down your ideas, your most meaningful words to help you guide this year. Do it now! 



I love the theme a word of the year sets to your goals + direction in the new year. Once you’ve picked it, set it as your phone’s lock screen. Write it on the bathroom mirror (in dry-erase marker). Frame it for your desk or your nightstand. Keep it in the forefront of your mind and use it to set smaller monthly goals throughout the year.


Stay Healthy. Stay Connected. Stay You. 

May 2021 bring you health, prosperity and peace.


#TransformationTuesday  #C2YHWI 


In prelaunch for Women Entrepreneur Excellence Course and Certification enrollment. 

Click here to learn more http://www.womenmoveforward.com and to enroll http://www.womenmoveforwardmemberships.com 
 




Comments

Popular Posts