Increase Your Productivity & Secure Your Health by Implementing One Simple Change


As an entrepreneur staying healthy, being able to perform at your personal best is
critical to your business success and economic stability.  Think about it. If you don't have your health, you really don't have a business, especially if all your business depends on your productivity.  If you are feeling great now, chances are it won't last. No one is immune from sickness. However, you can prepare in advance for sickness by making yourself as healthy as possible so when it happens and it will, you and your body will be ready.  

Something as simple as making one simple change in your diet or lifestyle each 30 days can redesign your entire health and disease picture for the rest of your life. Ok let's do the math. One change per month equals to 12 new healthy lifestyle habits in one year. At the end of two years that would be 24 new healthy habits, Yep that would do it, a complete lifestyle overhaul!

When I first heard this idea seemed easy enough. I would start with something I thought was easy and would make a big difference. My one simple change would be stop going to fast food restaurants.  After all I thought I hardly ever picked up for there so it would be easy. 

Well I was wrong, I'll tell you more later. 

In the movie Supersize Me Morton Spurlock (movie 2004) demonstrated by making one change, eat each meal at McDonalds he changed his healthy picture to one riddled with sickness. In just 30 days his body reacted to the the fast food menu with a weight gain of 25 pounds and a host of ailments that took 6 months to get off along with a host of newly diagnosed medical conditions related to high fat, high salt and high sugar diets.

That Sugar Film (2014) told the story of how pervasive sugar is in our diet. Damon Gameau embarks on an experiment to create a discussion on the effects of a high sugar on a healthy body, while consuming only foods that are commonly perceived as health. 

During That Sugar Film they reported the average person eating processed foods consumes approximately 40 teaspoons for sugar a day.  In case you are wondering that's 4.5 times the daily recommendation. To demonstrate how close sugar and processed foods are closely related to weight gain a diet of healthy foods was compared to sugar loaded foods with equal calories was being consumed. The diet with sugar diet gained 10 lbs. in 30 days vs. the healthy diet did not cause weight gain on the same number of calories.

In these two examples, the one change was adding fast large amounts of fast foods, the other the one change included changing sugar consumption. It's important to note in each one of the films the experiment was only for 30 days and included only one change in their food consumption. You can imagine what a life time can do. 

You might be saying to yourself "it can't be true!' Oh, but it is. It's true in the reverse too. Leaves you wondering what you can trust about food? 

If you added 1 serving of broccoli to your plate every day (one simple change) you will be adding 365 servings a year. Over 10 years that's 3,650 servings. The American Cancer Society says by adding cruciferous vegetables (broccoli) to you diet you will be reducing your risk of cancer. Read the report click here

Back to my story. I discovered a few interesting things. 
1. I ate at fast food restaurants more than I thought I did.
2. I was addicted to the food, just like the movies said. 
3. The change was simple, but not easy. 

I did stick to my personal commitment of no fast food restaurant food, then after 30 days. I noticed I was not as sleepy in the afternoon. Then I picked something a bit easier to change, go to bed earlier. Which made a big difference in my productivity. Which was great for getting my work done. That was 20 years ago. I kept moving forward on my journey to better health, and I am enjoying the best health every while many of my friends health is declining, and are finding it difficult to keep up with their work schedule.  

Many of my clients ask me where to start when choosing a healthy lifestyle. There are basically four important pillars of good health. If one of the pillars are missing then your health will be unstable. Unstable health results in the symptoms and signs we know as poor health.

I think most experts will agree the Four Pillars of Good Health are:
1. Eat Whole Foods 
2. Drink Water
3. Activity
4. Sleep Better / Stress Less

We suggest you pick one simple change and keep it for the next 30 days.
I mean really you can make any change for 30 days. Everybody can, can't you?

Stay healthy. Stay connected. Stay you. 
Your partner in health,








#onesimplechange #wellnesswednesday #c2yourhealth #c2yhwi  #cindycohenrn #nutz4nutrition 

About C2 Your Health Women's Initiative Inc

C2 Your Health Women's Initiative Inc.is designated by the IRS a nonprofit organization 501(c)3) for the betterment of women entrepreneurs in our communities. Women Move Forward Entrepreneur Mentoring Community Memberships http://www.womenmoveforward.info Women Entrepreneur Excellence Course and Certification hosted on Women Move Forward Membership platform  here www.womenmoveforward.info  Women Entrepreneur Excellence Course and Certification Pre-mentoring application complete now 

https://kwiksurveys.com/s/hVSI1PHg#/0  Women Move Forward Initiative www.womenmoveforward.com Make a donation: Go Fund Me  gf.me/u/2kdp6d Or CASH APP $WOMENSINITIATIVE 

Comments

Popular Posts